Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Baby H Turns 1

Yes, there's a baby behind that gift.  And, yes, I used Christmas wrapping paper (he didn't know the difference).  When the twins were little, I couldn't wait for them to grow up, but I'm in much less of a hurry with Baby H.  My little 5 lb 6 oz baby is now a year old, and I just don't know where the time went...

Soon I won't be able to even call him Baby H anymore because he'll be Toddler H (gasp!).  My sweet boy is growing and developing so quickly.  He's been mobile for a while - H crawls with ease, stands up, cruises along the wall, and I'm sure it won't be long before he's taking his first steps.  H is a lot more verbal than his sisters were at his age.  He says 'up' and 'Mama' consistently, and I've also heard him say 'bubble' (baba), 'pop', 'book' ('ba'), 'in', and a handful of other words that seem to be intentional. 

My baby loves to clap and tap and make lots of noise (such a boy!).  He understands a lot of words and loves learning new things - sometimes it seems I only have to show him something once before he understands the new concept.  He's an expert at putting objects in and out of containers, opening and closing doors and boxes, turning pages of board books, among other things.  The thing I love most about my little guy is his sweet disposition.  He always greets me with the biggest smile and just seems to take in new experiences with large eyes and no fussing.  Happy Birthday, little dude!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! No spam, please.