Monday, April 4, 2016

Parts of Speech Grammar Game with Plastic Eggs


Since we had plenty of colorful plastic eggs from Easter, I decided to use them for a fun little game to reinforce our grammar lessons on the parts of speech.  It was really simple to set up...




First, I wrote some words on little scraps of paper - 4 each of nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.  I tried to add some silly ones to make the game more entertaining.



Next, I invited the twins (age 6.5) to sort the words by part of speech.  They put each word in an egg, whose color was determined by the part of speech.  We put all the eggs into a basket.


The kids reached into the basket and pulled out one egg for each color.  They placed them in order:  Adjective, noun, verb, adverb to form a silly sentence.


The girls copied and illustrated the resulting sentences.  I love E's grumpy chicken!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! No spam, please.