Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dr. Deuss Activities for Little Kids


In celebration of the birthday of Dr. Seuss on March 2nd, I thought I'd put together a little roundup of the activities we've done over the past year related to books by Dr. Seuss...



  The Cat in the Hat Balancing Game we played was one of my favorite Seuss-related activities we've ever done.  The girls balanced various objects on different parts of their bodies and the results were hilarious.


The Green Eggs and Ham Try New Food Challenge got my kids (even my picky eater) to try some new foods.

This super-easy The Shape of Me and Other Stuff - Shape Matching Activity was a big hit with the kids and they repeated the shape matching puzzle multiple times.

The One Fish Two Fish - Goldfish Grouping Game reinforces some important math skills.

This Yertle the Turtle - Turtle Stacking Activity was easy and a good exercise in math, as well.

This Gertrude McFuzz Activity involves putting feathers into playdough birds as we read the story - great for those fine motor skills, and a fun way to bring the story to life!

If you want to get your child's creative juices flowing, try this Wocket in my Pocket Drawing Prompt.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


Please 'like' Learners in Bloom on Facebook for more fun!


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic selection of activities.

    I've featured this on The Sunday Showcase: http://www.herecomethegirlsblog.com/2013/03/09/dr-seuss-activities-the-sunday-showcase.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! No spam, please.