Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dog Stencils {Hairy Maclary Activity}


I like to take a break from blogging on the weekends so I can spend time with my kids.  We haven't been slacking on our book-a-day challenge for March, though.  Yesterday I read the girls a couple books in the Hairy Maclary series by Lynley Dodd, and our activity was to use make artwork using dog stencils.

The Hairy Maclary series of books follows a dog and his pals on various adventures.  I love the rhythm of the books, the use of more advanced vocabulary words, and the adorable illustrations.  My girls (3.5 years old) have been obsessed with puppies lately, so the timing was perfect.

 

L didn't want to participate in the activity for this book (she spotted some sequencing puzzles and wanted to try those instead).  However, E worked hard tracing and coloring a variety of dogs.

I absolutely love the adorable smiling faces that she put on the dogs - her masterpiece is hanging on our fridge right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! No spam, please.