Sunday, September 7, 2014

Artwork by a Five Year Old


E (just turned 5) is our resident artist.  I wanted to share some of her masterpieces.  E prides herself on the realism of her art.  Sometimes when I'm reading books about nature and animals aloud to the kids, I'm not sure if E is listening, but then she makes detailed drawings and starts telling me stories about the behaviors of the different animals.  Here's another nature drawing..



I love the newly-hatched baby bird!

Elephants..
 When E wants a toy, she usually draws it - like this remote controlled airplane (and no, she didn't get one).

Drawing her toy treamroller was all E's idea..  not bad for a five year old!

Finally, this oil pastel and watercolor masterpiece is one of my favorites - it remind me of "The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

I'd love to show off some art from L (also 5) and H (3), but they just aren't prolific artists like their sister.  (Although I will try to get more pictures of their artwork in the coming weeks so I can share).


For more learning and fun, please join Learners in Bloom at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! No spam, please.